What is cheese?
Cheese is one of the staple foods and staples of Western cuisine. It is one of the world’s most consumed foods and has a wide variety. Cheese is made from animal milk. It has a long origin and history. The word cheese comes from the Latin caseus, which means cheese. Because Bedouin nomads in the desert carried milk using the stomach of goats, carrying milk on camels’ backs to sustain life. But during the journey, it had to go through heat and shaking. Make milk in a goat’s stomach container to separate the water and fat layers. which is the beginning of cheese caused by accident
However, there is still a history of It appears in the Bible that “Where the Roman warriors went, they always brought cheese.” Today, there are more than 3,000 types of cheeses around the world. Or use it for cooking, it’s delicious, making cheese become a favorite food of many people by default.
How many types of cheese are there?
For the delicious cheese It can be roughly divided into 3 types as follows:
Soft cheeses are cheeses that have a high concentration of cream. Gives a soft touch white melt in mouth Cheeses such as Brie Cheese, Camembert Cheese and (Neufchatel Cheese) usually have a thin outer skin. It is similar to creamy soft cheese. It pairs well with white wines such as Savignon Blanc, which are fruity and less intense than red wines, which mask the flavor of the cheese.
mouth type of cheese Usually takes longer to mature than Soft Cheese, but shorter than Hard Cheese. It is divided into Semi-Soft Cheese, with high moisture and mild flavor, not very intense. It is a very versatile raw material such as Milleens, Provolone. , Raclette, Havarti, Munster and Port Salut, etc., followed by semi-hard cheeses with low moisture content, not so soft and not too hard, such as Cheddar Chesse and Gouda Cheese.
Coming to hard cheeses, the yellow cheeses we see often and are well known on the menu tend to take longer to mature than other types of cheese, less juicy, thick, rather hard, such as parmesan cheese ( Parmigiano – Reggiano or Parmesan Cheese or Pecorino Romano Cheese
It’s a cheese that’s great for grating over pasta, soups or salads. If it’s a dessert, slice it or cut it into cubes. and sprinkle with honey with ripe pears
How to preserve cheese
It is important to pay attention to the storage of cheeses to help preserve the cheese’s condition, texture, and flavor. This allows us to taste the real cheese for as long as possible. with the following methods
- Wrap the cheese before storing in the refrigerator. You may use plastic, cheese wrapping paper, wax paper, or foil. to maintain its condition and taste Soft cheeses will last for weeks when wrapped in wax paper. while hard cheeses last longer when wrapped in foil.
- The cheese should not be wrapped too tightly. This is because most cheeses will taste worse if they are not exposed to air. And tightly wrapping the cheese will prevent the cheese from emitting moisture. causing ammonia If wrapped in foil, it should be loosened to give the cheese a chance to touch some air.
- Always change the wrapping paper after cutting the cheese out. Avoid touching the wrapping paper while cutting the cheese. This prevents bacteria from fingers or other food from getting into the cheese and keeps the cheese fresh and flavorful for as long as possible.
- Store the cheese in the vegetable compartment. Most cheeses can last a few weeks when stored in 4-5°C after wrapped. But keeping the cheese in the refrigerator for a long time. will draw moisture away It is best to store them in the vegetable compartment at the bottom of the refrigerator. This will help the cheese to release moisture more slowly.
- Smell the cheese before eating. Should be discarded immediately upon pungent odor or ammonia smell.
You might also like
- มาทำความรู้จัก “เห็ดทรัฟเฟิล” (Truffle) เห็ดสุดหรู ที่มีกลิ่นหอมเป็นเอกลักษณ์
- หอยทาก เมนูแปลกแต่อร่อยของชาวฝรั่งเศส !
- ปลามังค์ฟิช ปลาหน้าตาประหลาดที่มีรสชาติแสนอร่อย